30 March 2016
ULTRAFAST FIRST; PARTNERS CAN NOW SELL VIRGIN MEDIA NEW PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
Virgin Media Business, the division of Virgin Media that provides products and services to UK businesses, today announces its entry into the indirect partner channel to improve its sales capabilities to small businesses.
For the first time, small business products offered by Virgin Media Business including broadband bundles with speeds up to 300Mpbs, will be sold by distribution partners.
- Small business products – including market-leading 300Mbps broadband bundle – available to partners for first time
- DMSL and Daisy Distribution named main distribution partners
- Ambition to recruit 500 more resellers in 2016
DMSL and Daisy Distribution are today named as the two main distribution partners for the programme. Virgin Media Business has also confirmed that it intends to recruit 500 more partners by the end of the year. The indirect partner channel will improve the company’s capabilities to market to small businesses and will run in parallel with the existing desk-based sales team run out of its Manchester office.
Partners can sign up to sell Virgin Media Business products at www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/partners and, if selected, will:
- Undergo in-depth training
- Have access to sales and marketing toolkits
- Be supported by a dedicated indirect partner team within Virgin Media Business
- Be eligible for up to £315 up-front commission per installation
Mike Smith, Director of Small Business at Virgin Media Business, said: “I’m thrilled we’ve teamed up with DMSL UK and Daisy Distribution, and hopefully hundreds more partners throughout the year, to sell our market-leading portfolio. Our ultrafast business broadband bundles – with speeds up to four times faster than BT – can help businesses do so much more. Our new indirect partner sales channel, complementing our desk-based team, will allow us to sell more and better service the UK small business community that we know are crying out for a faster internet connection to help them to reach their digital potential.”
John Carter, Managing Director of DMSL, said: “We’re very excited about our partnership with Virgin Media Business. We have already started recruiting resellers for Virgin Media’s ultrafast business broadband and the response we’ve seen so far has been really encouraging. Partners and end-users know and trust the Virgin brand, so there’s an immediate and easily accessible opportunity in the market. Virgin Media Business is a positive, proactive and ambitious organisation and it has a genuinely differentiated broadband value proposition. Virgin Media Business is making a long-term commitment to driving its channel business and we are looking forward to working with the company to develop its UK partner network.”
Dave McGinn, Managing Director at Daisy Distribution, said: “We are delighted to have reached this exciting agreement with Virgin Media Business. The addition of this product set into our portfolio complements our strategy of offering our partners a complete range to market out to their customers. With Virgin Media Business’s brand, the strength of the proposition, and our channels and routes to market, we believe that this is a real opportunity to deliver value back to Virgin Media and to the wider mobile and telecoms partner channels.”
- There are more than 5.3 million small businesses in the UK
- In January, when Virgin Media Business launched its new ultrafast broadband bundles with speeds up to 300Mbps, research conducted by YouGov revealed:
- 57% of SMEs believe that the internet is critical to their business and that they wouldn’t be able to function without it
- Senior decision makers in SMEs think the average employee loses 15 minutes a day to slow internet speeds, meaning that a business with eight employees could lose a full day of work each week waiting for their connection to catch up
- Virgin Media Business’s ‘Digital Opportunity’ report, published in October last year, revealed that digital technologies could provide a £56 billion boost to SMEs, as well as create over 920,000 new UK jobs over the next two years
- ENDS -
For all press enquries, please contact the Virgin Media PR team.
Email us = email@example.com
Call us - +44 (0)333 000 2900
About Virgin Media
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s largest international cable company. Together we serve 27 million customers across 14 countries.
We support entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector, delivering the fastest widely available broadband speeds and a complete digital platform packed with next-generation products, applications and services.
With our £3bn Project Lightning programme we aim to reach 17 million premises by 2019, including the UK’s most under-served areas.