Virgin Media Business is committed to providing users with an internet experience that respects their privacy.
We adhere strictly to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you how we may use your personal information. By registering as a user of the services provided by Virgin Media Business Limited or any of its associated companies and by using this web site generally you agree to this use.
What information will you hold about me?
We collect the following:
- • Web usage information to develop and improve our website
- • Name, address, email and telephone number
- • Other data from time to time that helps us provide you with improved products and services
To help us monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it. This can include details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version, cookie details and the website you visited before coming to our site.
How will you use the information that you collect?
We use this information to help us better understand your requirements. The main uses of the data are:
• To process your service requests
• To enable us to review, develop and improve the products, services, and information we show you online.
• To occasionally carry out market research.
• To send you details of products and services that we think will be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, please ensure you complete the relevant box provided when contacting us via email from the web site or click on the 'unsubscribe' link contained within such emails received from us.
Will you disclose information about me to third parties?
We may provide information about you as follows:
• To employees and agents of the Group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future.
• To Virgin Media Group companies, whose products and services may be of interest to you.
• We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring web site usage in order to help us develop the web site and our service and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
How do you protect my data?
Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then encrypt the content and store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel.
Can I have access to the information you hold on me?
Upon payment of a small administrative fee you are entitled to a copy of all information held by Virgin Media Business Limited or any of its associated companies, about you. Any incorrect information will be amended. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, or would like a copy of the information, please write to the Customer Service address appearing on your bill.
What if I use a link from this site to another site?
Please be aware that our site may provide access to other web sites by linking to them. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites.
How do I contact you?
Please complete the online contact form, selecting the option you require or call us on 0800 953 0180.