Building a better construction sector
The pandemic accelerated digital progress in the UK’s construction sector by almost three years, according to our latest report with the Centre for Economics and Business Research.
Construction firms saw a 14% increase in digital investment vs. 2019, predominantly in collaboration tools, cloud services and online marketing, with data analytics and insight scoring highly too.
All these changes have helped increase employee productivity and boost both employee and customer satisfaction in construction organisations.
The industry has also seen improvements in organisational decision-making through better use of real-time information, not to mention reduced fixed costs with the rise of hybrid working.
But what does all this mean for you and your organisation? And how can you make the most of the opportunities ahead?
Report: The new everyday in construction
Earlier this year we talked to construction firms across the UK to find out how they’d been adapting in the face of the pandemic.
It was a tough time for the sector, with building projects rapidly grinding to a halt all over the country.
But construction decision-makers stepped up to the challenge, achieving things that would have seemed improbable just two years ago, especially in such a short timeframe.
This report explores some of those innovations, shining a light on Covid-driven digital change across the UK’s construction sector.
- How Canary Wharf Group is making its buildings as tech user-friendly as an iPhone, with no manual required for optimum performance
- How construction giant Kier won a £250 million government tender, partly by planning and delivering a prison fit for the modern age.
- How framework agreement provider Pagabo has embraced digital transformation to connect its network of 300 construction firms
- Why lockdown presented newly launched homes-on-water provider Waterlodge with a sink-or-swim dilemma and how embracing digital change allowed it to thrive
Fill in the form to get your free copy now
Enter your details to download our report.
How can we help?
Investment in the following areas of Covid-driven digital change could add £236 billion to UK GDP by 2040:
- • Hybrid working technology
- • Digital delivery of services
- • Larger, richer data sets
We’ll help you adopt and improve all three in a way that works for you, your people and the customers you serve, not just today but in years to come.
What lies ahead for UK Construction?
From the very first lockdown, the construction industry has remained positive about recovery.
2/3rds of the industry leaders we spoke to think the sector is well placed to recover.
But absolutely no-one thinks they’ll revert to their pre-lockdown ways of doing things.
As one respondent said, “Covid has positively forced us to do what we always thought was impossible: give our workforce the freedom to work remotely.”
Our report also explores:
- The increased appetite for flexible working in construction using collaborative technology.
- A growing desire to use digital technology to tackle sustainability issues.
- How digital priorities have changed since Covid-19.
- The importance and impact of remote-managing projects and clients.
Contact our Enterprise and Public Sector sales team
To get more information about our products and services for Enterprise and
Public Sector businesses, fill in the form below and we’ll come straight back to you.
If you have an enquiry, please see our Help & Advice page
for information and ways to get in touch.