CISCO MERAKI WiFi
Have you met WiFi’s smarter sister?
No-wires networking is wonderful. But doing it at scale demands your time, skills and budget that’s better deployed elsewhere. That’s why thousands of organisations have turned to Meraki’s smart WiFi kit.
Meraki creates networks that virtually look after themselves across your office, site, or even an entire country. Its access points are quickly and easily monitored from a single cloud dashboard. And it doesn’t matter what size you are, even entry-level Meraki kit comes with enterprise-class wireless, security and switching capabilities. Great for supporting the WiFi needs of your employees, Cisco Meraki WiFi is ideal for larger businesses and enterprises with any number of employees across one or multiple sites.
Advantages of Cisco Meraki WiFi
Functions such as provisioning, firmware updates and patches are automatic.
No trade-offs or dumbing-down
Even entry-level Meraki kit gives you both power and simplicity with enterprise-class wireless, security and switching capabilities.
Meraki opens up sophisticated network capabilities like guest access and bring your own device options for every business, tiny – or vast.
Meraki routes around network failures when they occur. Mesh technologies step in pre-emptively with automatic link optimisation, adaptive capacity management and failure resilience.
When people do intervene, they can do it from any device. Troubleshoot and control the network with a touch or a click.
The Cisco Meraki cloud architecture provides the industry’s only end-to-end solution unifying WAN (wide area networks), LAN (local area networks), wireless LAN, and mobile device management, top-to-bottom and core-to-edge.
The techie bit
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Dedicated radio for security and RF optimisation with integrated spectrum analysis (indoor models)
- Flexible group policy engine for creating and applying application-aware policies by network, device-type, and end-user
- Application-aware traffic control: set bandwidth policies based on Layer 7 application type (e.g. YouTube, Skype, P2P)
- Content filtering
- Intrusion prevention: PCI-compliant IPS
- Anti-virus and anti-phishing: flow-based protection engine powered by Kaspersky
- Identity-based security policies and application management
- Built-in DHCP, NAT, QoS, and VLAN management services
- WAN optimisation: data redundancy elimination, protocol optimisation, and compression provide bandwidth savings up to 99%
- Low power consumption, quiet acoustic designs, and shallow rack depth, which enable flexible deployment in wiring closets as well as offices and classrooms
- Fanless design on select models
- Up to 740 watt PoE budget with PoE+ support for powering APs, phones, cameras, and other PoE enabled devices (124W for MS220-8/P)
- Field-replaceable, hot-swappable power supplies and RPS option for mission-critical applications
- Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritise mission-critical traffic such as voice and video
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments