ABOUT VIRGIN MEDIA BUSINESS
Let’s make good things happen
To deliver on our vision of using digital to make good things happen we are focused on two pillars; Growing responsibly and sustainably and Doing more good with digital.
Technology has a big impact on the way we all live and work and at Virgin Media we want to help people get the best from it. But it’s not just the technology itself that interests us – what really matters is how it can improve people’s lives. Our vision is to use our know-how, our talented people and a little Virgin Media magic to prove that digital makes good things happen – for people, businesses and communities right across the UK and Ireland.
Our strategy is going to help us achieve this vision. Our first area of focus is Growing responsibly and sustainably. As we chase our big growth plans through to 2020, we’re going to make sure we grow in a way that’s good for people, society and the environment. Our second area of focus is Doing more good with digital. This is our long-standing promise to make the power of connectivity benefit our customers and the communities we’re part of.
Digital for Good
- We’re going to use our network, name and knowledge – more than ever before – to help people discover the positive power of digital technology in the UK and Ireland, and take brilliant digital ideas to wherever they’re needed most.
- Two of our five 2020 sustainability goals are focused on doing more good with digital:
- 1. Boosting Business: Create the opportunities for 100,000 small business to grow in the UK and Irish economies through digital.
- 2. Transforming Lives: Transform the lives of disadvantaged people in the UK and Ireland through digital technology.
Growing responsibly and sustainably
In 2015 we started our biggest ever network expansion – the UK’s largest investment in internet infrastructure for more than a decade. Through our £3 billion investment we will extend our network to approximately 4 million additional premises over the next 5 years.
This will increase the number of homes and businesses to which Virgin Media can offer services to nearly 17 million premises by 2020. Our expansion will connect more people to ultrafast broadband, create 6,000 new jobs, and boost the UK economy by £8 billion. And because we’re determined to grow in a way that’s good for people, society and the environment, we’ll be focusing on the things at the heart of our company: our people, our products and our operations.
This is why three of our five 2020 sustainability goals are focused on Growing responsibly and sustainably:
- 1. More inclusive: Nurture a highly engaged workforce which represents the diversity of our customers and communities.
- 2. Better products: Improve the sustainability performance of every new product.
- 3. Lower impact: Grow our business without increasing our carbon footprint.
Learn more about our sustainability responsibilities
Meet some of our people and find out more about what we mean by Digital for Good.
Join our community of entrepreneurs and small business founders to grow your business through advice, peer-to-peer support and unique opportunities.
More about our Sustainability
Access our sustainability strategy and examples of how we’re delivering Digital for Good.
Our partnership with Scope
Our first renewable energy project
See how we’ve installed a solar energy system at our Bristol offices.