HELP & ADVICE
What’s in store for ‘Spark & Startup’ & ‘Scale & Grow’ Finalists?
Wednesday 23rd May is the all-important VOOM 2018 Final, bringing together the great and good from businesses across UK and Ireland.
If you are lucky enough to make the final for the ‘Spark & Startup’ or ‘Scale & Grow’ categories, here’s a summary of what’s in store for you:
- There will be 3 finalists from each of the two main categories, so that’s 6 finalists in total.
- Finalists will be required to arrive at Tobacco Docks, London on Tuesday 22nd May, by no later than 2.00pm, for a full briefing and video interviews with our production team.
- It’s an early start on Wednesday, with hair, make-up and rehearsals from 7.30am at Tobacco Docks. Yes, you read that right. 7.30am.
- Each finalist is encouraged to bring up to 5 supporters with them, and will have their own designated supporter area just in front of the main stage. Think Eurovision!
- Guests will arrive from 9.00am, with the event kicking-off at 9.30am sharp.
- Finalists will have 2 minutes to pitch, to the panel of judges, including Sir Richard Branson himself, followed by 4 minutes of questions.
- The judges will deliberate back-stage after all pitches have been heard, and will be welcomed back to the stage to announce the winners at the end of the event.
- There will be time for photographs and a press conference straight after the event, for all of our finalists.
- Finally, we’ll be celebrating with a ‘Brunch with Branson’ backstage, which is expected to wrap-up by 1.30pm.
- After the ‘Brunch with Branson’ we’d love it if you could stick around for even more interviews. It’s hard to know exactly when they’ll finish – we may wrap up by 2.00pm, or we might go on until closer to 3.00pm, but we’d love it if you could stick around until we give you the nod to head off.
- And after that all finalists for the ‘Spark & Startup’, and ‘Scale & Grow’ categories are invited to take a seat in the audience for the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 Conference 3.00pm-6.45pm – where the winners have a starring role.
Don’t worry, Lucy, our VOOM-Finalist-Co-ordinator-in-Chief, will be in touch to manage all the details with you, and we’re prepared to cover reasonable travel expenses and overnight accommodation for the finalist only.
And for the winners ONLY…
When we said VOOM provides money-can’t-buy opportunities, this is what we meant!
We have a special treat in-store for you! Thanks to our partnership with Sunday Times Fast Track 100, the winners from the ‘Spark & Startup’, and ‘Scale & Grow’ categories, will have a money-can’t-buy opportunity to share their winning business idea, with Richard’s help, to more than 400 Business leaders attending the Fast Track 100 annual conference.
Yes, you’ll be asked to repeat your winning pitch from the VOOM Final, and then you’ll have the chance to single out a key area that you’d like to seek support on from the Fast Track 100 audience.
You’ll be matched with the right Fast Track 100 business who will pledge to provide the support you need to address your key challenge. Pretty cool huh!
This will take place at the same venue, starting at 3.00pm, and will finish at 6.45pm after the all-important photocall on-stage.
All finalists for the ‘Spark & Startup’, and ‘Scale & Grow’ categories are invited to take a seat in the audience for the Fast Track 100 Conference 3.00pm-6.45pm. We’ll be there to point you in the right direction.