HELP & ADVICE
How much free WiFi can I get?
Each device you connect, gets 30 minutes free WiFi inside the hotel.
This time starts from when you login and ends 30 minutes later. And it resets every 24 hours. However, you can connect a different device to get another free 30 minutes.
How much does it cost?
You’ll find the current prices on the Travelodge WiFi landing page or at Reception. Each payment or voucher (pre-paid WiFi) allows you to connect up to 2 devices.
How do I pay?
Online with a debit card or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or you can use PayPal.
Simply follow the instructions on the WiFi landing pages. You can also pre-pay when you make your room reservation. If you pre-pay, you’ll be sent a wifi code which can be found on your booking confirmation email, your invoice/receipt or you can get it from Reception (see further information about vouchers below).
How much internet access do I get?
It’s measured from the first time you use it. So for example, if you’ve paid online for 1 day starting at 17:02, it’ll finish the next day at 17:02. This covers 2 devices.
How many devices can I connect?
Up to 2 devices - once a device is connected you cannot edit/remove or amend it.
Can I use the WiFi I’ve bought at other Travelodge hotels?
Yes. Your payment gives you access at all other Travelodge hotels in Mainland UK. So if you’ve paid for WiFi access (e.g. for 1 week) at one hotel, you can get online at any Travelodge hotel during that week, by logging in to your account.
I can’t find my booking confirmation or the pre-paid WiFi code.
What should I do?
What should I do?
Please ask our reception team to retrieve your WiFi code from our booking system.
The reception team can’t find my WiFi code on the booking system. What should I do?
Please call the Travelodge Central Bookings team on 0871 984 8484 who should be able to locate the WiFi code for you. Standard call charges apply.
I’ve got my WiFi code but it doesn’t work. What should I do?
If the WiFi Code has expired or has been used, please contact the WiFi customer service team on 0330 660 1141 who can assist you 24/7. Standard
call charges apply.
Remember your code can only be used on two devices. If you want to go online on a third device you will have to purchase another Wifi Code. Follow the instructions on the WiFi page.
How do I login?
Enter your email address and password (the one you signed up to the WiFi service with). Please note that you will need to use these details each time you connect to the Wi-Fi service at any Travelodge hotel. Tip!! Please ensure you use a genuine/valid email address in case you need to use the password reset functionality in the future as this will be sent to your email address.
Help, I’ve forgotten my password.
Provided you used a genuine email address-Go to the WiFi landing page and click ‘Forgotten password’. Fill in a few details and it’ll send you an email with a link to the password reset process. TiP!!! You will need internet connectivity to retrieve your email so if not using Wi-Fi you’ll need another connected device.
Our customer services don’t have access to your WiFi password and won’t be able to help you over the phone.
It’s important to remember your WiFi email and password combination, as you’ll need it to access WiFi during your stay (and any future stays) at Travelodge.
I’ve forgotten my email address. How can I find it?
Sorry. We don’t have any way to recover your email address.
If you can’t remember it, then register again with a new email address. You’ll need your email address to login, or to recover your password.
Why can’t I get online?
Here are some of the reasons (an error message on the WiFi landing page may tell you which one it is):
- Your current device has already used its free WiFi allowance for today. To keep using the WiFi, you’ll need to wait 24 hours, use another device, or make a purchase on the landing page.
- You haven’t bought any WiFi.
- You’ve bought WiFi but your time’s up. You’ll need to purchase some more time.
- You’ve already using WiFi on 2 devices (each transaction covers a maximum of 2).
- Your voucher code’s already been used. Report this to reception, straight away.
- You haven’t received a voucher code? Speak to Travelodge Reception, they’ll find it on their systems. Also check your booking confirmation email and invoice.
Can I use my account at other Travelodge hotels?
Yes. And if you pay for WiFi, it’s valid at any Travelodge hotel.
How much access do I get with my WiFi voucher?
It’s measured from the first time you use it. For example, if you activate a 1-day voucher at 17:02, it finishes the next day at 17:02.
You get access for up to 2 devices during this time (if you log into both with the same WiFi email address).
Why doesn’t my voucher work on another device?
- Here are some possible reasons:
- Each WiFi voucher only supports up to 2 devices.
- Your WiFi voucher starts when you use it on your first device, not when you
first use it on the second one. XXXXX
- You need to enter the same username and password for each device.
- Click on the attached link for a guide on how to add a second device XXXXX
Can I use my voucher at other Travelodge hotels?
Yes. Your voucher gives you access at other Travelodge hotels. If you’ve bought a WiFi voucher (e.g. for 1 month) for one hotel, you can access the internet at any Travelodge hotels, throughout that time.
Why doesn’t my voucher work?
Here are some possible reasons:
- Your Travelodge voucher begins with TL. Make sure that you’ve typed it in correctly (0s and 1s are easy to confuse with letters).
- If your voucher code’s already been used, an error message on the WiFi landing page should tell you this. Then, speak to reception.
- Travelodge vouchers have an expiry date. If you have a voucher that's over a year old, make sure it’s still valid. Have a chat with reception.
I ordered WiFi when I booked, but I can't find my voucher code. How do I get online?
Go to 'My Travelodge' account, under 'My Extras' you’ll find your voucher code.
Go to 'My Account' and under 'Manage Bookings' you can resend the booking confirmation email, which includes your WiFi code.
Or else, try these:
- The voucher code should have been emailed to you when you made your hotel booking. (This is on your booking confirmation email and your invoice.)
- Log on to the Travelodge booking website and you’ll see a link to ‘WiFi bookings’ on the right hand side of the page. This brings up a page showing your WiFi bookings, including your voucher codes. You can access the Travelodge website over WiFi on any device, even if you’ve used up all your free time.
- Ask the hotel receptionist. They should be able to see the voucher code you bought against that hotel booking.
- Still not working? If you want to get online quickly, just buy some WiFi. This’ll get you online instantly and then you can get this refunded by Travelodge reception.
How do I connect a second device?
Please see the PDF below for instructions:
Does Virgin WiFi support MAC address randomisation / Private Address?
Yes, Virgin WiFi supports connections from WiFi enabled devices with MAC randomisation enabled. With MAC randomisation enabled, you will be able to connect, register and authenticate to a Virgin WiFi network.
However, if you’re connecting to a paid WiFi network or using a voucher code and have device limits, we recommend disabling the Private Address (or) MAC randomisation feature on your device to avoid filling multiple device slots on your account.
How do I know if Private Address (MAC address randomisation) is enabled?
If you have recently upgraded your iPhone/iPad to iOS 14 or Apple Watch to WatchOS 7, the Private Address feature is enabled on all your networks by default.
To find out what software version your device is on, go to Settings, then tap General, and then tap About. If the Software Version mentions 14.0 or above, you will have Private Address enabled by default.
How do I disable Private Address on my iPhone / iPad?
Disabling Private Address is easy. Follow Apple’s instructions below to disable Private address for a network:
- Open the Settings app, then tap on Wi-Fi
- Tap on the information button next to a network (in this case, the network you’re connected to).
- Tap on the Private Address toggle to turn it off, a privacy warning will pop up, and click on Rejoin.
To ensure this is done immediately, we recommend turning your WiFi off and on again.
Once connected back to our network using the hardware MAC address, all of your paid WiFi products or voucher codes will be applied to the device immediately and you will not be required to purchase a new WiFi service. If you’re using a Free WiFi service and have previously already submitted your data to get online, you will not be required to re-enter your data to authenticate to your service.
Doing the above will only change the Private Address option for the network you’ve selected, and will leave the Private Address feature enabled for all other networks on your device.