HELP & ADVICE
IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT COVID-19
The wellbeing of our employees & customers remains a top priority. As we enter Lockdown 3.0 we continue to closely monitor the situation and the guidance provided by Government and medical authorities. We have communicated health and safety advice to our employees and put in place necessary working arrangements as well as travel and site restrictions. As far as possible we will continue to maintain services, assurance & delivery processes.
- The majority of our workforce continue to work from home. For those who cannot work remotely, our offices have been redesigned with appropriate safety measures including social distancing & PPE.
- Regular communication to employees re-iterating public health guidance and updates.
- Dedicated hotline for anyone in the business who has a confirmed case of Coronavirus and fully adhere to Government guidance on individuals self-isolating if they have symptoms.
- Advised our employees that all meetings with external visitors should be carried out remotely (through a video conference or call).
As a business, we have robust continuity and resilience plans in place that can be activated as required.
The health and safety of our employees and customers are of paramount importance. All VM personnel are therefore expected to adhere to strict safety measures (below) whilst delivering and installing services to minimise the risk of infection. In isolated cases this may impact the speed at which services are installed and delivered. To support the wider effort to combat Covid-19 and support those most affected by it, we will continue to treat delivery of service for NHS/Emergency Services, Critical National Infrastructure, Council, Education, Key Retailers, Utilities and Logistical service providers as highest priority whilst continuing to operate in a safe manner.
We will continuously monitor the situation and communicate any changes in our approach as soon as possible. As always, your account and service teams will keep you informed so please discuss any special requirements with them.
Travel & Meetings
We’ve advised our employees that all meetings should be carried out remotely (through a video conference or call).
Meetings that are held by our Service and Account teams will be held over the phone or using virtual collaboration tools, in line with the recommendations regarding non-essential travel and social distancing.
Our contact centres remain open with our call centre workforce enabled to work from home where necessary.
Continuity plans have been created and we are regularly assessing workforce impact.
Due to anticipated call volumes, we do expect call answer times to be slightly longer and where necessary messages on our IVR will confirm this.
Delivery & Field-based activities
As far as possible we will continue to operate to Business As Usual. Our field based engineers and fault teams have previously implemented measures to help us to ensure the safety of our people & customers when we are carrying out work on-site and will continue to operate in this safe manner while Covid19 remains an on-going concern, including;
- Ensuring our field teams are equipped with appropriate protective equipment to let them work safely in customer premise.
- Daily reviews with all team members to assess health and risk factors, capacity, prioritisation and travel plans.
- One day prior to a site visit, the customer will be required to complete a verbal declaration confirming they, or the team onsite, are not showing symptoms of Coronavirus, do not have household members who have Coronavirus or are being tested, and have not come into contact with anyone who is confirmed to have the virus, has been asked to self-isolate, or been to a coronavirus high-risk area or country in the last 14 days.
- If a customer responds “yes” to these questions then the visit will be rescheduled accordingly.
- On the day, the same assessment will be requested verbally prior to work commencing.
Where we are providing your service using one of our Partners, please be aware that they may be operating with restrictions. We will review each order of this type on a case-by-case basis and advise accordingly where appropriate.
We always keep a close eye on our network performance, proactively optimising performance and implementing preventative measures wherever possible. Should you find a fault affecting your service, please do report it in the usual way and we’ll get on to it as quickly as possible. Our fault management centres remain open.
We will be moving all customer impacting planned works from daytime hours to out of hours (OOH). This restriction period is being instigated to minimise possible impacts to our network and infrastructure in order to support our customers (both residential and business) whilst our customers work from home during the latest national lockdown in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and whilst schools are closed. The current daytime window of 6am to 6pm will not be used for network assurance activity unless for urgent fault fix or installation work.
We’ve made sure that visits to any NHS websites don’t use any of our customers’ mobile data.
If you'd like to read Mike Smith, Managing Director for Virgin Media Business response to Covid-19, please click here.