HELP & ADVICE
BUSINESS MOBILE HELP
All your Business Mobile support in one place
Activating your SIM
New to Virgin Media Business? Your SIM is ready to use straight away. Simply insert it into your device to get going.
Keeping your existing mobile number
If you’re coming from another mobile provider we’ll make sure you don’t lose your existing number (because who has time for that these days?).
Once we’ve agreed a switching date, the process usually takes just one working day. All you have to do is:
- Contact your existing service provider and ask for your Port Authorisation Code (PAC).
- Contact Us and we’ll do the rest.
A missed call could mean a missed opportunity for your business. That’s where voicemail comes in. It should already be active as soon as you start using your phone, so you won’t need to worry about missing any calls – or opportunities – at all.
To check your service is set up, simply call your voicemail (usually this means holding down the ’1’ key on your phone).
We advise setting up a PIN to keep your voicemail secure. To do this:
- Call your voicemail (usually this means holding down the ’1’ key on your phone).
- Choose option 2 from the first menu (‘change mailbox features’) and follow the instructions.
If your voicemail isn’t configured yet, don’t worry – it’s really easy to do this yourself:
- Dial 222 from your mobile, listen to the message and hang up.
- Keep your phone turned on for 20 minutes. If you get a text that says PERS, ignore it.
- After 20 minutes, turn your phone off and on again.
- You’re ready to go.
Connect to WiFi
Unleash your mobile with WiFi hotspots across the UK
- Stay connected at work, at home or when you’re out and about meeting clients with exclusive access to 250,000 WiFi hotspots across the country
- Use business apps, send messages and make phone calls wherever you have access to a hotspot – even in places where you don’t have mobile signal, like the London Underground
- Take advantage of data-free messaging on Twitter, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp
- Our WiFi app runs in the background to automatically connect you to hotspots
- WiFi hotspots are superfast and won’t use your 4G mobile data
How to access WiFi
Go into your phone’s settings, select the Virgin Media WiFi network and enter the password. For security reasons, we don’t recommend connecting to any network that is unsecured.
Or, to stay connected automatically, download the Virgin Media WiFi app and it’ll put you on your nearest network. Wherever you are.
- Free to download and use
- Automatically connects to WiFi hotspots
- Runs in the background
- Connect to over 250,000 WiFi hotspots with our free app
Lost or stolen?
It sucks, but it’s happened to most of us. If your SIM has been lost or stolen, the quickest way to report it is by giving us a call on 0800 052 0800, within 24 hours* of having it lost or stolen. We’ll block your phone straight away to stop anyone else from using it.
And if you’re calling from abroad, you can contact our team on + 44 870 0120200 so we can bar any calls from your mobile phone.
*If your SIM is lost or stolen and you notify the team within 24 hours, you will be liable for Charges that are not part of your allowance relating to the unauthorised use of the SIM (including call Charges) up to £100 only. If you notify the Team after 24 hours you will be liable for all Charges relating to use of the SIM (including call Charges) up to the time that you notify us that your SIM is lost or stolen, regardless of whether the Charges have been incurred by you or someone else. You will also continue to be liable for the monthly payment (or other periodic charge) relating to your Contract Allowance until the end of the Minimum Term