Fast business broadband and phone bundles with coverage across the UK
Your installation in greater detail
Once you’ve placed your order with us, our UK-based Business Support Team will arrange an installation date that’s convenient for you – during working hours, of course. Our average installation time for ADSL business broadband is 20 working days from order acceptance but this may be extended where a new BT line is required.
Naturally, our engineer will check that your Internet and phone connections are working before leaving and, if you’re moving from an existing supplier, any existing phone number(s) you’ve asked to port over will be done after installation is complete. And there you have it.
Currently with another supplier?
No problem. Just let us know when you order and we’ll take care of the rest. We’ll aim to minimise any downtime during the changeover and we’ll liaise with your current supplier on your behalf. You may need to obtain certain authorisation codes first from your current supplier but we'll let you know when you contact us and make the whole process as easy as possible.
How about support?
We’re as good as our word. And we won’t charge you for help. All Business Broadband & Phone customers get a Freephone 0800 number to call that puts you straight through to our dedicated UK-based Business Support Team available 24/7, 365 days a year. What’s more, there’ll be a two hour response time to your call and we aim to fix problems within 24 hours*. We’ll always keep you in the loop, so you aren’t left guessing.
The phone calling packages
All of our Business Broadband & Phone bundles include a tariff that offers competitively priced national and international calls, plus calls to UK mobiles.
We also have a range of other tariffs you can upgrade to for an additional monthly cost for even greater savings, including lower priced calls, or tariffs with inclusive unlimited calls to national and international landlines and UK mobiles.
Contact us for full details.
Keep your existing phone numbers
Don’t lose that number. If you wish to keep your numbers, just let us know and we’ll port them over.
Where you have any existing arrangements for inbound telephone numbers (e.g. 0845, 0870 type numbers) which you want to keep, you’ll need to let us know so we can port them over. We’ll then complete the paperwork for you to liaise with your existing supplier to arrange for your numbers to be switched over on a day and time that suits you.
Business telephone line options
For an extra charge, a selection of options can be added to your business phone lines. Some restrictions may apply so get in touch for more details.
- Call divert – allows you to divert a call from your landline to another number e.g. your mobile
- Call waiting – if your phone is busy, you’ll be notified when another caller is trying to get through
- Reminder call – you program a time for your phone to ring you, whether it’s to make an important call, or attend a meeting it acts like an alarm clock
- Caller display – shows the caller’s number on the display screen (if your phone has one) before you answer
- Anonymous call reject – lets you block any withheld numbers
Call back when free – calls you as soon as an engaged line hangs up
- Voicemail – as you’d expect, records and stores messages when you’re away or on the phone
- Call barring – enables you to block certain types of calls, such as premium rate services, international calls and even mobiles
- Withhold number – lets you permanently prevent your number being revealed. If you’d rather do that on a call-by-call basis, just enter the standard 141 before dialling
Managing traffic fairly
Like most broadband providers, we manage traffic on our network to keep things fast (and fair) for everyone but this only applies to our Business Broadband & Phone bundles after 6pm. So our trigger threshold is set so less than 5% of business users will typically be affected.
No traffic management applies during a normal business week (before 6pm daily). As its purpose is to specifically support business users, our bundles offer a higher trigger threshold than some consumer broadband products even when traffic management does apply.
Got a question? Ready to order?