Affordable, dedicated circuits
Also called LAN Extensions, Ethernet Extensions provide affordable, dedicated, point to point circuits at Ethernet bandwidths of 10 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s, 1 Gbit/s and 10 Gbit/s, between two locations. And we’re pretty experienced at providing them: in fact, we’re one of the UK’s leading providers of short haul Ethernet leased lines, and have been delivering Ethernet Extensions to wholesale and business customers for over a decade now. Total to date: around 11,000 installed circuits. There’s dedication for you.
Need even more bandwidth? Our High Capacity Services can provide up to 80 circuits giving 10 Gbit/s each - that's up to 400 Gbit/s in total.
What are Ethernet Extensions?
Take a look at our quick guide to Ethernet Extensions.
What you'll get
- Unlimited usage - dedicated, fixed-price, always-on digital channel, providing efficient, dependable high bandwidth communications.
- Cost effective - whether you need multiple point to point circuits or a single connection, the service can be substantially more cost effective than alternative solutions - particularly if you move large volumes of information between sites. Annual charges are fixed regardless of usage. Upgrades are easily arranged and implemented as your needs grow.
- Speeds - our fibre network is available to interconnect your LANs at speeds including 10 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and Gigabit Ethernet. How fast would you like to go?
Why choose Ethernet Extensions?
If you exchange large amounts of data between your sites, or if you need to support business-critical applications and high speed file transfers, then Ethernet Extensions could well be ideal for you. In fact, they’re perfect for any organisation requiring:
- A low cost replacement for ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode), Private Circuits/Leased Lines.
- High quality, high bandwidth dedicated connectivity between two sites
- Joining up Local Government, Health and Education sector sites, within a geographic region
- The transfer of mission-critical data
- Reliable voice, data and video applications between sites
- The deployment of distributed applications.
- Secure centralised storage of data.
- The establishment of robust disaster recovery solutions.
Flex your bandwidth to suit you
Easy to deploy and manage compared with the complexities of a WAN infrastructure, Ethernet Extensions are a secure, fibre-based solution, ideal for locations up to 25km apart. Ethernet provides the most flexible wide area bandwidth connections available - from 10 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s. Which means you can keep costs under control on the one hand and easily manage bandwidth growth on the other.
Don't let budget and network limits old you back
As Ethernet Extensions come with a predictable flat rate pricing structure, regardless of usage, they provide a highly cost effective method of connecting two or more remote sites. Fact is, it costs significantly less to use Ethernet to connect your LANs than a traditional SDH/PDH leased line circuit. What’s more, Ethernet Extensions can be used to transport any type of traffic and come with a comprehensive SLA for 24/7 support.
Increase your speed with Ethernet Extensions +
The Next Generation Ethernet Extension + is a new service packed with enhancements that include up to seven Classes of Service (CoS), and optional web based performance management reporting. Ethernet Extensions+ is available nationally between sites that are up to 25km apart with flexible bandwidth increments from 10 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s. A big plus.
Connect sites across the UK
Connect sites right across the UK with secure, flexible National Ethernet circuits, using our fully managed point to point and point to multipoint connectivity, offering industry leading CoS and reporting options with flexible bandwidth increments from 2 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s.
All told, definitely the way to go.
Want to know more about Ethernet Extensions? To see how we can help you connect your sites, get in-touch: