HELP & ADVICE
PLANNED WORKS FOR OUR VOICE CUSTOMERS
Hammersmith and surrounding London area
Planned maintenance work will be taking place from 6pm on Monday 21st May until 7am on Tuesday 22nd May.
We’ve written to impacted customers to advise them of planned works which will be
taking place in Hammersmith, Acton, Chelsea, Westminster, Ladbroke Grove, Oxford Circus and Westminster. This will impact Voice services in this area and we’ve put together some FAQs to help with any enquiries you may have.
Will I still be able to make calls during the outage window?
- Outbound calls will not be possible during a 45 minute period at some point between 10pm and 7am on the planned outage date. This includes calls to the emergency services, so we recommend that you have an alternative way of making or receiving phone calls in case of an emergency. N.B. This only impacts the organisational site that is based in the Hammersmith, Acton, Chelsea, Westminster, Ladbroke Grove, Oxford Circus and Westminster area).
- Voicemail features will be out of use during the entire maintenance window (6pm to 7am).
What about inbound calls to my number?
These calls will be impacted at some point from 10pm onwards on the planned outage date. Inbound calls could be impacted for up to 4 hours, although we’re looking to minimise this wherever possible. A pre-recorded message will be in place during this time, asking the caller to phone back later.
What is the impact to my service?
- Outbound calls – an outage of up to 45 minutes at some point between 10pm and 7am.
Inbound calls – an outage of up to 4 hours (but we’re looking to minimise this as much as possible) at some point between 10pm and 7am.
- Voicemail features will be frozen from 6pm to 7am and may display
unexpected behaviour such as lights flickering etc.
Will my voicemail still work?
Yes, however users may find that the Message Waiting indicator doesn’t clear, even though they’ve listened to the message. All normal functionality will resume by 7am on Tuesday 22nd May, but please note - in some instances, the Message Waiting indicator won’t clear until they’ve received and listened to a newly recorded message on Tuesday.
Will emergency service calls still work?
No. At some point from 10pm onwards outbound calls will not be possible for up to 45 minutes and this includes calls to the emergency services. We recommend that you have an alternative way of making or receiving phone calls in case of an emergency.
Will my phone number change?
Will any of my phone line features change?
No but these may be unavailable during the period of the work. We’ve detailed which ones are impacted.
- Call Back when Free
- Divert all calls
- Divert on no reply
- Divert on busy
- Group call pick up
- Directed call pick up
- Call pick up during call -
- Call waiting
- Repeat last number dialled
- Abbreviated dialling
- Reminder call