Any-to-any connectivity across a town, city or region, at Ethernet speeds
Metro Ethernet VPN mimics the LAN within a building yet it is spread over a metropolitan area. Ethernet VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) can be set up to cater for many separate communities within one Ethernet VPN service platform, using the same scalable, integrated and flexible infrastructure. Each VLAN community can have a different communication pattern involving only the appropriate number of connections and with the relevant speed of connection.
All logical topologies are supported:
- Point to point - straightforward connection between two sites.
- Point to multipoint / Multipoint to point- multiple smaller sites connected to a main Head Office site (otherwise known as hub and spoke). This topology can be presented as a single or multiple connections at the central site. Please note that the access speed at the central site must be at least as large as the aggregated speeds of all the other sites.
- Any to any - any number of sites connected to any other given number of sites. The access speeds to each site can be selected without reference to any other site.
The application of up to four classes of service, with predefined Quality of Service (QoS) parameters, will ensure that data critical to a business is delivered in advance of lower priority traffic such as internet data, with each being allocated a percentage of the total bandwidth. We’ll also strive to ensure that the end-to-end delay does not exceed a specified level. This is of particular importance in real time communications such as voice and video where delays would impact on the application.
Service Level Agreement
The Metro Ethernet VPN Service Level Agreement includes:
- Guaranteed Ready For service dates.
- 24x7 helpline with a 6hr fault restoration guarantee, which includes any faults detected by us.
- Annual availability guarantee backed by service credits for any failure to meet these targets.
Typical Network Performance
- Round trip delay less than 8mS.
- Jitter less than 1mS.
- Packet delivery: better than 99.99%.
Working in partnership with NIRAN, our specialists developed an innovative Metro Ethernet VPN solution connecting multiple sites. This advanced approach allowed us to keep costs down, yet, by installing a second Point of Presence (PoP) in Derry, we were able to route circuits right across Northern Ireland. “The ntl:Telewest Business proposal is technically sound and represents good value for money,” Brian Doran, Technical Director of NIRAN comments. “This is an innovative use of technology and gives us the increased bandwidth we want while keeping within our budget.”
Garlands Call Centres
Our converged Metro Ethernet VPN connects all of the company’s contact centre locations and supports data, voice and video communications. Using this sophisticated network, Garlands has implemented Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony, enabling it to take advantage of advanced call management functionality and reduce costs. Our next generation IP-enabled network supports cutting-edge multimedia contact solutions – such as a 3G video calling facility and live web interaction to help customers complete self-service forms online.
West Midlands Police
Our resilient, fully-managed Metro Ethernet Virtual Private Network (VPN) service provides a scalable and flexible way to deliver the high-speed, high-performance connectivity needed by neighbourhood police officers – while reducing costs.
If you'd like to discuss how we can help with your site to site connectivity requirements, give us a ring on 0800 953 0180.
IMAGE ERROR: http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/bk/10538-61228-3840-0?how=1&mpuid=